You first need to determine whether you can even connect to the POP3 server, or if you can connect to the POP3 server but can’t login to the POP3 account successfully. Use the guideline below to troubleshoot your particular case.
If you can connect to the POP3 server but receive errors…
- Make sure you are entering your login and password correctly! This is the most common problem.
- Make sure you are connecting to the correct POP3 server (Mail.Yourdomain.Com).
If you can’t connect to the POP3 server…
- Make sure you first have a connection to the Internet. Verify this by visiting a website.
- Make sure your e-mail client is configured properly. This does not apply if you have checked for new e-mail before and have not changed your configurations since.
- Verify that you are not behind a firewall! If you are at work, this should be your first clue. If you find that you are behind a firewall, verify with the network administrator that port 110 is allowed. If it is not, this is the reason you cannot connect to the POP3 server.